Integration as a lifestyle
Boundless European thinking and immigration for work have a long tradition here, so you experience a special welcoming culture in the Saarland. It facilitates the start for you and quickly gives you a feeling of belonging.
And there's more: everyone is accepted - that's why in the Saarland there are also strong lesbian and gay communities. There are good reasons for the Christopher Street Day with its annual parade through Saarbrücken town centre and the public memorial plaque for Madame Bardo, who, in her lifetime, campaigned strongly for the rights of homosexuals, symbols of equality and a self-evident approach to life.
Open to new ideas and people
Use the Saar Welcome Centre as an online guide to all places that are important for your start in the region. Through Saar Citizens' Services you have, for example, access to the shared management portal of the Saarland regional government and the municipalities.
Important contacts & forms
Quick access to working life
- Addresses of diplomatic missions
- Applying for a visa
- Applying for a residence permit
- Applying for an EU Blue Card
- Applying for permission for permanent residence in the European Union
- Transferring a foreign driving licence
- Information about naturalisation requirements
- Applying for residence permit for job search for qualified professionals
- Recognition of qualifications in the Saarland
- Recognition of qualifications in Germany
- Integration agencies in Saarland
- German courses for international students
- Language and integration courses offered by the Federal Office for Migration and Refugees (BAMF)
- Information on VHS language courses for foreigners